Well, if you stay a little bit careful and consciously eat, you will be able to cut calories and avoid gaining weight this Diwali. Just keep in mind that it is a matter of calories that counts here. No matter whether you eat a while plate of salad with some cereal or a small piece of sweet, if you get the calories you need, you should stop there. Managing weight is easy if you know how to balance your calories.
|Indulge in Low Sugar Sweets|
This preparation would help you enjoy your Diwali with all those sweets and snacks with friends and family without any weight gain.
How to check your calories during Diwali Festive Celebration
|Oats and Fruits|
- Prepare yourself for the Diwali: Replace your usual breakfast with OATS and fruits
- In lunch avoid rice and cut down on your intake of chapattis.
- Increase intake of salads with veggies and curd and 1 chapatti
- Cut down Intake of Cola – Drinking a cola bottle with lunch means additional 145 calories. Avoid this and you will have a good space.
- Cut calories at Work – Avoid drinking 4 – 5 cups of tea or coffee when at work. This will help you cut down 200 – 250 calories.
- Workout- Follow a strict regime of 30 min workout in any form yoga/brisk walk/aerobic/cycling/gym
- Increase Food Rich in Fiber and Water – Try to opt for food items that are rich in fiber and enjoy your food while you eat.
- Small Portions would help- During Diwali celebration nights enjoy your food and drinks but keep a check on the portions you take. Don’t overeat. Leave space for hunger and eat small portions of whatever you want to eat.
- Select smart options- Even while indulging in sweets and snacks try pick up options which are less in calories or if you cant resist then pick less.
- Follow the stairs- After the party walk down the stairs instead of taking lift.
- Last but not the least- Before going to bed have 2 glasses of warm water with 1 tablespoon of Triphala powder.
Your Next Day After the Diwali Night Celebration
- Early morning drink lemon water
- Immediately eat one apple.
- Take a quick 30 min walk
- In breakfast eat one full bowl of papaya this would surely help you cutting your extra calories that you have taken last night.
- Go on a detoxify diet if possible.
Be Innovative this Diwali
- Plan potluck parties with friends and family and plan your menus smartly so that you don't have to indulge on extra calories.
- When you visit your friends and relative, try to take some nuts rather than sweets. Nuts are healthy and save you from a lot of calorie intake too.
- Gift your friends with low calorie snacks, sweets and chocolates