|Ayurveda Remedy for Alcoholism|
In Ayurveda and Sanskrit texts it is called as Mansikam Visargah, Madyapash, Madyasakti .Madya = Alcohol, Pash = Habit, Aasakti = Craving.
- Drink half a glass of raw celery juice, mixed with an equal amount of water, once in a day. Keep repeating this for atleast a month.
- Mix 3-4 dates in half a glass of water and take this drink 2 times daily for a whole month.
- Take 500 g of carom seeds, add them to 8 L of water, boil the mixture till about 2 L water is left. Filter the mixture, Drink 3-4 tbsp whenever you get a craving for alcohol.
- Drink 2 glasses of apple juice everyday to reduce the craving.
- Make a powder of coriander + capsicum + sugar flakes . Soak one teaspoon in a cup of water for eight hour. Filter and take in the morning.- (Antioxidant)
- Take a lemon juice with sugar and pinch of salt every morning (Detoxifier)
- Take curd or yogurt. (Detoxifier)
- Take one teaspoon of onion juice.
- Take pomegranate or Apple or Grape juice at least two to three times a week.
- Take 10 gram of clarified butter- ghee with sugar. (Antioxidant, Detoxifier)
The person is given Panchakarma treatment in the beginning.
Vamana – vomiting therapy
Virechana – purgative therapy
Basti – enema therapy
Nasya – nasal drops therapy are administered initially.
This detoxifies body and mind and prepares the body for oral medication and other further treatments.
Herbs to improve memory, concentration and to fight depression:
Shankhpushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis),
Brahmi – Bacopa monneiri
Kudzu Pueraria lobata,
Ashwagandha – withania somnifera,