- Capsicum increases the metabolism by lowering triglycerides, which are stored fats in blood corpuscles and thus helps in burning calories.
- Helps in treating heart diseases, osteoarthritis, bronchial asthma, cataract etc.
- The compound capsaicin found in capsicum blocks the transmission of pain from the skin to the spinal cordwhich helps in treating neuralgia.
- The compound capsaicin is also believed to treat cancer by preventing carcinogens from binding with DNA.
- Eating capsicum can provide some protection from cancer.
- Prevents blood clotting.
- Effective in fighting off food-borne bacterial diseases like Vibrio vulnificus bacteria found in raw shellfish.
- People suffering from diabetes should have capsicums to lower the sugar level.
- Gives relief from severe cold.
- Boosts up the release of endrophins.
- Reduces the cholestrol level.
- Also helps in fighting against obesity.
Don't use capsicum if you're allergic to it or to chili pepper products. Avoid capsicum if you're pregnant because it could stimulate the uterus.Avoid contact with the eyes, mucous membranes, or broken skin. If contact occurs, flush the exposed area with cool, running water as long as necessary.
Can cause Back discomfort, Burning pain in the nose, sneezing, or bloody nasal discharge, Closing up of the throat ,Cough, Eyelid spasm, extreme burning pain, eye tearing and redness, Skin irritation, itching, stinging or redness, Stomach upset .