Home Remedies for Acidity
The causative factors for Amlapitta are spicy food causing burning sensation like pickles, papad etc, Incompatible combination of food consumption (viruddha anna), Sour food, Impure food (Dushta anna) and Food and drinks that cause increase in pitta or acidity.
Home remedies for Acidity
- Chew Tulsi leaves to reduce the burning sensation in the stomach
- Drink 10 ml of Pomegranate juice twice daily
- Drink a cup of Coconut water twice daily
- Banana and Watermelon are helpful in managing the condition
- Cold milk without sugar absorbs excess acid produced in the stomach
- Ginger juice or ginger decoction and the juice of Cloves are also good for treating Hyperacidity.
- Take powder of roasted cumin and coriander seeds (25 gm each) and mix with 50 gm of sugar. Take half spoon of it 3 times a day to get rid of hyperacidity.
- Make a powdered mixture of equal parts of rock candy (or unrefined sugar), fennel, and green cardamom. Whenever you feel heartburn, mix 1 teaspoon of the mixture in a glass of cold milk and drink.
- Drink 100-500 ml of tender coconut water twice a day for relief from hyperacidity Mix equal parts of powdered fennel, licorice root, basil leaves and coriander seeds. Have ½ teaspoon of this mixture with ½ teaspoon of powdered rock candy (or unrefined sugar) 15 minutes before lunch and dinner.