Home Remedies that are Great Substitutes of Antibiotics for Kids
Antibiotics are the most frequently prescribed medicines for kids. Although, antibiotics can save lives, most of the times they are over-prescribed and misused. Check out the Great Substitutes of Antibiotics for Kids.
It's painful to see a kid suffering from viral infections but antibiotics are not a solution. It’s not safe to give antibiotics when the disease is caused by virus.
Moreover, antibiotics makes the body antibiotic resistant, causing immunity of your child go down. Our body has the natural mechanism to fight these viruses and to build our immunity stronger to fight against these foreign bodies.
Some Truths for Your Attention
- You generally do not have to treat fever. Comfort measures and lot of fluids are the most important treatments for most kids.
- Antibiotics do not treat coughs due to viral infections and are almost never indicated for coughs due to colds or bronchitis but are over prescribed for both.
- Ear infection is the most common reason for a pediatric office visit, and one of the most common conditions leading to antibiotic over-prescription. Approximately 80% of kids with acute otitis media get better without antibiotics!
Choose Wisely What is Prescribed!
Antibiotics are the most frequently prescribed medicines for kids. Although, antibiotics can save lives, most of the times they are over-prescribed and misused. You can’t cure every disease by merely giving antibiotics.
If someone prescribes antibiotics to kids for viral illness (other than bacterial), they are incompetent, and they can give a life-term effect to metabolism, gut macrobiotic, immune system, asthma, eczema, and allergies.
Antibiotic taken by mouth is absorbed in your gut, which enters the bloodstream and travels to all of your tissues and organs destroying a large variety of bacteria, which comprises numerous of beneficial microbes. Despite the area of infection, antibiotic affects the complete body and kills loads of valuable bystanders.
Home Remedies that are great substitutes for Antibiotics for Kids
- Mustard oil: Heat mustard oil and add two to three cloves of garlic as well as a tablespoon of ajwain and mix it all together. Strain the oil and use it to massage your kid on his/her chest, back and neck.
- Ginger juice: Mix some freshly squeezed ginger juice (which has anti-inflammatory properties) and add one tablespoon of honey. Give this to your child twice a day. This is an effective remedy for cough, cold as well as infections.
- Vitamin rich diet: Any diet rich in vitamin C should be given in case of cold, cough and even fever. Also, make sure to feed your child khichdi, eggs, chicken soup, raagi sheera, bajra khichdi as well as lemon water and honey.
- Give Lots of Warm Fluids: lemon ginger honey infused water, kala chana soup, fresh vegetable soup, fresh coriander parsley soup
- Replenish their natural salts and minerals with coconut water.
- Honey is one of the best and well-known antibiotic. It has strong anti-bacterial qualities. Honey provides great relief to children suffering from constant respiratory troubles.
- Coconut oil is also an antibiotic food. It is antiviral also. The healing properties of coconut oil are many and it can kill cold and flu viruses quickly.
Check Out How to Get Rid of Cough and Mucus in the Lungs Overnight with Homemade Honey Wraps
Check out :25 Vitamin-Rich Foods You Should Be Eating