Panchakarma Cleanse: Traditional Ayurvedic Detox Therapy
Deep, Natural Cleansing- Panchakarma gently, yet thoroughly, cleanses your system at a physical, emotional and even spiritual level through an ancient, time-tested regimen of herbs, treatments and diet.
Panchakarma is not only for detoxifying the body, but also for rejuvenation — strengthening the immune system, and restoring balance and well-being. It is one of the most effective healing modalities in Ayurvedic Medicine. It is recommended on a seasonal basis, as well as when an individual feels out of balance or is experiencing illness.
Panchakarma – Rejuvenating Detox
Panchakarma is a Sanskrit word that means “five actions” or “five treatments”. This is a process used to clean the body of toxic materials left by disease, poor nutrition and environmental toxins. Normally the body has the innate ability to efficiently process and remove these waste materials, including the vitiated doshas. However, due to one’s repeated dietary indiscretions, poor exercise patterns, lifestyle, and genetic predisposition, the digestive enzymes, metabolic cofactors, hormones, and agnis which regulate the body’s internal homeostasis become disorganized. This can lead to the accumulation and spread of toxins throughout the physiology resulting in disease. This waste matter is called ama in Ayurveda. Ama is a foul-smelling, sticky, harmful substance that needs to be completely evacuated from the body.
Panchakarma will remove the excess doshas and correct imbalances in them as well as eliminate the harmful ama out of your system through the body’s own organs and channels of elimination (colon, sweat glands, lungs, bladder, urinary tract, stomach, intestines, etc). Panchakarma purifies the tissues at a very deep level.
It is a very pleasurable experience that is tailored to individual needs and may involve:
- Daily warm oil massage (abhyanga)
- Herbal steam therapy (swedana)
- Lymphatic massage
- Herbal enemas (basti)
- Nasal administrations (nasya)
- Other special ayurvedic treatments like Shirodhara, Garshana, Udvartana, Five Senses Therapy, Pinda Swedana
The Benefits of Panchakarma as Part of an Ayurvedic Detox
- Helps restore metabolic fire (AGNI)
- Eliminates AMA (toxins) strengthens tissue functions.
- Assists balance all three doshas.
- Helps implement a healthy diet and lifestyle.
- Reduces stress, improves relaxation & tolerance.
- Slows the ageing process.
- Boosts the bodies immunity levels.
- Improves strength, endurance and vitality.