Nadi Shodhana (Alternate Nostril) Pranayama | Monsoon Ayurveda
|Nadi Shodhana (Alternate Nostril) Pranayama|
Nadi = subtle energy channel; Shodhan = cleaning, purification; Pranayama = breathing technique.
The Nadi Shodhan pranayama is a breathing technique that helps clear these blocked energy channels, thus calming the mind. This technique is also known as Anulom Vilom pranayama.
Benefits of Nadi Shodhan Pranayama
- Nadi Shodhan pranayama helps relax the mind and prepares it to enter a meditative state.
- Practicing it for just a few minutes every day helps keep the mind calm, happy and peaceful.
- It helps in releasing accumulated tension and fatigue.
- Nadi Shodhan pranayama helps to bring the mind back to the present moment.
- Works therapeutically for most circulatory and respiratory problems.
- Releases accumulated stress in the mind and body effectively and helps relax.
- Helps harmonize the left and right hemispheres of the brain, which correlate to the logical and emotional sides of our personality.
- Helps purify and balance the nadis - the subtle energy channels, thereby ensuring smooth flow of prana (life force) through the body.
- Maintains body temperature.