Corn Cob is a Healthy Nutrient Packed Monsoon Snack
|Smoky Bhuttas or Corn Cobs with dash of lemon juice, salt and chilli powder!|
This comfort food not only tastes delicious, but it boosts your overall health. It's definitely a far better bet than the fried samosas and bhajias that we tend to veer towards when it rains, plus, you'll be surprised to know just how nutrient-packed it really is.
- Your favourite monsoon snack – is rich in both soluble and insoluble fibres, which help stimulate a healthy digestion. Add a cup of yellow corn to your diet, to fill your body with 3.6 grams of dietary fibre. This fibre will help control your hunger and a healthy digestive system may also help in healthy and effective weight loss.
- Corn is rich in vitamin C, niacin, folic acid. All these nutrients, help prevent heart disease.
- It increases your mental ability and boosts your memory, as it contains thiamine.
- Consuming corn also helps lower cholesterol and prevents colon cancer.
- Besides vitamins, corn is packed with minerals too: phosphorous, magnesium, manganese, zinc, iron and copper, some iron, and the trace mineral selenium (which is difficult to find otherwise).
- Worried about it being high in carbohydrates? However, corn is actually associated with better blood sugar control.
Besides corn can be relished roasted, boiled or steamed, try corn bhel, grilled corn cobs or sandwiches, and baked corn too.
So, get going, grab a bhutta and enjoy this seasonal delight without worrying about calories.