10 Surprising Benefits of Mango Leaves
|Health Benefits of Mango Leaves|
The antioxidant and antimicrobial properties of mango leave can help treat various ailments effectively. Here are 10 surprising benefits of mango leaves that you may have not known.
- Regulates DiabetesSoak the leaves in a cup of water overnight. Strain and drink this water to help relieve the symptoms of diabetes. It also helps in treating hyperglycemia.
- Lowers blood pressure
- Fights restlessnessAdd few mango leaves to your bath water. This helps in relaxing and refreshing your body.
- Treats gall and kidney stonesThe daily intake of a finely ground powder of mango leaves with water kept in a tumbler overnight, helps in breaking the stones and flushing them out.
- Cures respiratory problemsDrinking a decoction made by boiling mango leaves in water with a little honey helps to cure cough effectively. It also helps in curing voice loss.
- Treats dysenteryMango leaves dried in a shade should be powdered and then taken with water two to three times a day to stop dysentery.
- Remedy for ear achesA teaspoon of juice extracted from mango leaves works as an effective ear drop and pain killer. Heat the juice slightly before using it.
- Heals burnsThe simplest remedy for healing painful burns is to apply mango leaf ashes to the wounded area. This soothes the skin and brings relief.
- Stops hiccupsBurn a few mango leaves and inhale the smoke. This helps to cure hiccups and throat problems.
- Good for your gutPut some mango leaves in warm water, close the container with a lid, and leave it overnight. The next morning filter the water and drink this concoction on an empty stomach. The regular intake of this infusion acts as a good stomach tonic, flushes out toxins from your body and keeps your stomach clean.