Ghee- Indian Superfood is a Pre-biotic
When we our on diet or weight loss, the first thing that we remove from our diet is ghee without even knowing all the while that ghee, made at home, is not just good for maintaining strength & diversity of the gut bacteria and spine but also makes for a potent fat-loss aid. The SCFA in ghee is now recognized as a ‘prebiotic’, something which creates an environment conducive for the gut-friendly bacteria to prosper. That’s also what makes it a great anti-allergen.
- PREBIOTICS provide a wide range of health benefits to the otherwise healthy person. Most of these have been medically proven.
- PREBIOTICS nourish the good bacteria that everyone already has in their gut.
- PREBIOTICS may be helpful for several chronic digestive disorders or inflammatory bowel disease.
Now lets find out the difference between Prebiotics vs. Probiotics
Last but not least; For Indians, ghee is a religious matter rather than a food item. It has dominated most Indian kitchens for centuries. In Ayurveda, Ghee has a lot of recommendation in daily diet.
One tablespoon (15g) of ghee has approximately 135 calories, all of which come from fat. That small amount of ghee has 15 grams of total fat and 9 grams of saturated fat, or 45% of the recommended daily value. A tablespoon of ghee also has 45 milligrams of cholesterol, or 15% of the daily value. Ghee is free of sodium, carbohydrates, fiber, sugar and protein.
- Ghee is lactose and casein free
- Ghee is considered one of the best oils for baking, sautéing and deep frying:
- Ghee has a rich, sweet and deliciously nutty flavor
We should eat Ghee everyday. Healthy people should have 3 teaspoons (15g / 1 tablespoon) of desi ghee per day to get all benefits. Preferably one teaspoon of pure ghee, three times a day will do the work.
As per Ayurveda, best way to consume it is to add ghee to rotis, parathas, dal, curry etc. Avoid Indian sweets because they contain lot of sugar. Avoid cooking or frying in Ghee.
Why should you eat ghee every day?
- Increases your resistance against seasonal allergies and common ailments:While ghee is rich in the healthy fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K, it is also rich in antioxidants. It increases the body resistance for various infections and diseases by boosting the immune system.
- Stimulates the digestive system: Ghee stimulates the secretion of stomach acids to aid in digestion, while other fats and oils, can slow down the body’s digestive process and sit heavy in the stomach.
- Reduces Cholesterol Levels: Ghee lowers the bad blood cholesterol level and enhances the good blood cholesterol level.
- Boost fertility:An optimal fertility diet should contain good quality protein sources and good fats. Pure ghee is the best form of fat. It increases quality and quantity of semen.
- Improves skin: It rejuvenates the skin from inside and increases its glow.