Ayurveda Reasons for Hair Loss & Suggested Products
The major causes of hairfall are hormonal, nutritional deficiencies and complication to other diseases and medications. Hormone related hair fall may also result from an increased sensitivity of hair follicles to male hormones or due to greater number of male hormone receptors attached to hair follicles. This is the component that is inherited through the genes — termed as Pitta constitution.
According to Ayurveda, excess of Pitta dosha in the body is increased by hot climatic conditions, excessive intake of spicy, salty and sour food, hot and sharp food, tea, coffee, alcohol, meats and excessive smoking. Eating too much fried, oily, greasy, and acidic foods also aggravates Pitta. Pitta balancing herbs (Eg: Shatavari —Asparagus) and vegetables which improves the quality of Asthi dhathu (Eg: bitter vegetables) are effective in treating hair fall.
Try: Organic India Shatavari - 60 Capsules
There are a number of other causes for hair fall like acute illness, high stress, and thyroid imbalance, certain drugs, sudden weight loss and high fever.
The first step is to locate the root cause in your diet or lifestyle that may be increasing the Pitta dosha. Once you locate it, try to give up or at least reduce the diet, habit, or activity responsible for increasing Pitta. Internal use of Ayurvedic medicines like Thikthakam kashayam, Thikthakam ghritham as per medical advice are effective to correct the metabolism. Ayurvedic general tonics like Narasimha rasayanam, Chyavana prasam are effective for improving hair growth. In alopecia, due to systemic diseases, treatment of the same is also required.
Ayurveda recommends - A high protein and an iron rich diet is recommended for hair loss. An adequate intake of raw vegetables, fresh fruits, salads, green leafy vegetables should be included in the diet on a regular basis. - Use a natural shampoo to clean the hair. Amla (embilica officinalis), Shikakai (Acacia concinna) are very good for washing the hair.
Try These Ayurveda Hair Shampoo Products:
Vedica Amla Shampoo With Conditioner, 250 ml
Swati Ayurveda Shikakai Sath Hair Cleanser, 210ml
- Oiling and massaging of scalp is very beneficial for stopping the hair loss. Use coconut oil at least three times in a week. Certain medicated oils like Neelibhringadi oil, Kunthala kanthi oil, Kanjunnyadi oil are very useful. Put oil on the scalp, and massage gently in the roots of the hair.
Try These Ayurveda Hair Oils:
Himalaya Herbals Anti-Hair Fall Hair Oil, 100ml
Himalaya Herbals Anti-Dandruff Hair Oil, 100ml
Swati Ayurveda Brahmi Amla Hair Oil, 210ml
Khadi Premimum Herbal Shikakai & Hibiscus Hair Oil (Total Hair Care) 210 Ml
Along with this - The person should maintain a regular bowel movement everyday. In case of constipation, a mild natural laxative can be taken. Triphala is very useful.
Organic India Triphala powder
- Regular physical exercise is very beneficial as it helps in balancing the aggravated doshas.
- Rub your scalp after washing the hair. It increases the blood circulation, and activates the sebaceous glands.
- A mixture of lettuce and spinach juice is good to drink to induce hair growth. The juice of carrot, and lettuce juice is also good to take.
- Applying juice of green coriander leaves on the head is also good.
- Washing the hair with a paste of cooked green gram and fenugreek (methi) two to three times a week, is also good.
- A paste of licorice made by grinding it in milk can be applied in the bald patches.
- The seeds of fenugreek is soaked in coconut oil and kept under direct sunrays for seven days and applied to the scalp, which prevents hair loss.
- Traditional therapies like Dhara, Abhyangam, Thala pothichil, Nasya shows excellent effects.
Hot Selling Ayurvedic Hair Oils