Natural Ways to Fight Stubborn Fat With Ayurveda
|Fight Stubborn Fat With Ayurveda|
In ayurveda, Charak Samhita describes eight different types of bodies that are disease prone. Out of these, the obese body is described as the one afflicted with the most diseases and troubles. Obesity is the condition or physical state of the body when excessive deposition of fat takes place in the adipose tissue.
Extra fat puts a strain on the heart, kidneys, liver and the joints such as the hips, knees and ankles and thus, overweight people are susceptible to several diseases like coronary thrombosis, high blood pressure, diabetes, arthritis, gout, liver and gallbladder disorders.
Main cause of obesity is overeating, irregular eating habits and not following the rules of eating or mixing non-compatible food items in one meal.
As we grow older, it can be extremely challenging to lose fat just through diet and exercise. To really fight that stubborn fat, the ancient medical system of India, known as ayurveda, uses age-old techniques that target the exercise-resistant fat by igniting your digestive fire. This is the biggest difference between ayurvedic weight loss and techniques and more conventional Western methods – ayurveda focuses on why your fat cells are getting bigger and gives you solutions that work long term. These techniques have worked for thousands of years and can be performed on a daily basis.
There is a special concept used in ayurvedic medicine known as ama that is key to losing weight. Ama means “toxins.” These toxins are an accumulation of impurities in our bodies that are the result of improper diet, chronic stress, and environmental pollutants. Some of these toxins are water-soluble, making them easier to remove from the body with diet and exercise. But other toxins are fat-soluble, meaning that they become stuck deep inside fat cells. The fat cells expand as they accumulate these toxins, which leads to weight gain, especially in those hard-to-remove pockets of fat around the stomach, hips and thighs.
Ayurvedic techniques are targeted specifically at removing ama from your body, which shrinks your fat cells.The older you get, the more common it becomes to have ama in your body, but it doesn’t have to be this way. If you implement daily habits and detox programs that help remove these toxins, they don’t have to become a chronic issue leading to weight gain.
Each one of the following recommendations will help you to shed those extra kilos. Individually, they are helpful, but when you put them all together, you may experience impressive weight-loss results.
To Decrease Weight and get Rid of Obesity you need to make Lifestyle Changes.
- Follow a daily regimen
- Do Regular Exercise
- Do Oil Massage Daily
- Eat Proper Meals on Proper Time
- Avoid Wrong Combination of Foods
- Drink Lots of Water
- Eat as per your Constitution
- Do Fasting or Detox once a week
- Include Important Herbs and Spices in your daily life
- Take Good Sleep
Follow Daily Regimen
Ayurveda Tips for Morning Get up early morning at 5:00. After brushing your teeth follow this:
Drink 3 glasses of warm water. If this seems difficult, add a teaspoon honey to the glass of water and drink.
You can follow this with either of the following for better results In weight loss:
- Drink lukewarm lemon water with honey
- or have 2 tablets of Medohar Vati with warm water and honey
- Cinnamon Detox
Add cinnamon powder and fenugreek in water and boil and let it cool. Add this to a jar and drink whole day when you are thirsty.
- Drink Ayurveda Detox Tea through out the day
It includes a combination of ingredients that help to improve digestion, break down fat, and “unclog” the channels in our body by removing ama.
Boil 4 to 5 cups of water in the morning.
Add 1/2 teaspoon of the following seeds to the water and continue to let it boil for about 5 minutes with the lid on.
Whole cumin seeds
Whole coriander seeds
Whole fennel seeds
Strain out the seeds and pour the liquid into a thermos. The key is to make the tea fresh every morning, place it in a thermos, and take small sips of it throughout the day. It is best to drink it warm or hot. If the tea is too strong or if you experience some initial discomfort, reduce the amount of seeds to 1/4 teaspoon for 2 weeks, and then increase it back to 1/2 teaspoon.
Learn how to take daily massage
For effective weight loss, yoga must be practiced at least 3 times a week mainly for beginners. Each session of yoga for weight loss is usually about 45 minutes long. For maximum benefit, yoga practiced for about 90 minutes is encouraged for advanced pupils. - See more at:
30-90 minutes Yoga for Beginners to Stay Healthy
As per Ayurveda, food is supposed to be consumed on fixed time. Our body is not made to eat anything at anytime. This time needs to be in accordance with the timing of JATHARAAGNI. Jatharaagni is at the highest for 2.5 hours after sunrise.
This is the time to have the biggest meal of the day. Whatever you crave for you should have this between 8-11 AM. All the heavy foods like stuffed parathaas, sweets etc should be had in the morning meal. What you like best you should eat in the morning. So that you can eat your fill. This will ensure you are mentally satisfied as well as physically. This is of extreme importance. If you are fulfilled with the food you are eating, the Pineal gland will be most active and you will stay healthier as well as happier.
Heavy Meal of the Day (8-11 AM)
Pick any options with Milk-200ml, Tea 20ml *(less sugar)
Pick your options:
- Eat Wheat or Mung bean sprouts and a cup of skimmed milk.
- Brown Bread Sandwich with Paneer/Cucumber Onion Tomato
- Organic Brown Poha/Upma with lots of Vegetables
- Ramdev Dalia
- Onion Roti with Mint Chutney
- Suji Idli with Mint Chutney
- Wheat Cornflakes with Curd/Milk
- Besan/Moon Dal(Green) Chilla
- 2 Egg Whites with Vegetable
- Salad of raw vegetables such as carrot, beet, cucumber, cabbage, tomatoes with steamed or boiled vegetables, whole grain bread or whole wheat chapatis (Indian bread)
Skipping Breakfast is a Big NO as per Ayurveda. Learn more!
Mid Day Meal (1-3 PM)
Pick your options:
A glass of orange, pineapple or carrot juice | Coconut water | Lemon Tea | A glass of buttermilk. Roasted cumin seeds, green coriander leaves, a little salt and some grated ginger mixed in the buttermilk | Fresh vegetable soup
- Boiled/Steamed Vegetables
- Vegetable Salads
- Dry Fruits (Almonds, Cashew, Walnuts)
IMP: Food ideally should be consumed only sitting on the floor in Sukhasana.
Must rest lying down on your left side after morning/noon meals. This is very important for Jatharaagni to work well since lying on left side activates the Pingala (soorya) naadi on the right side of the body and this in turn activates the Jatharaagni.
This rest should be between 20 to 40 minutes. It’s ok to take a nap if one feels sleepy.
In the Evening (4-5 PM)
Drink Ayurveda Detox Tea / Green Tea / Indian Masala Tea(Elaichi, cinnamon, cloves)
Wheat Biscuit(2)/Murmura/Bhel/Roasted Channa (25gm)
If you could avoid snacks it would be good.
Take a 30 minute brisk walk
Meditate before the sun sets. Take your dinner between 6:30-7:30 PM.
Last Meal of the Day / Dinner (6:30-7:30PM)
Dinner should be lightest. You should avoid all fried foods, sweets, proteins in the evening.
Eat Salad of raw vegetables such as carrot, beet, cucumber, cabbage, tomatoes with steamed or boiled vegetables followed by vegetable soup if required. You can also have bowl of papaya.
Ayurveda Tips for Night
- Do not watch TV for a long time at night and avoid any kind of mental stress like fight or action during this time. Go to bed before 10 PM. Your sleeping time and the last meal must have the difference of at least 3 hours.
- Never rest after dinner for at least 2 hours. This is because sun has set and hence the biochemistry etc is completely different now.
- Sleeping soon after dinner will invite diseases like heart attack, diabetes, BP etc.
Avoid Wrong Combination of Foods
According to Ayurveda one should avoid ama -producing foods.
Ama is the product of incomplete digestion--it represents sticky toxic matter that can clog the channels of your body that carry nutrients to the cells and waste out of the body.
From the ayurvedic perspective, leftovers, and "dead" foods such as processed, packaged, canned and frozen foods all create ama because they are very hard for your body to digest.
Non-organic foods, genetically modified foods, foods grown with chemicals, pesticides and chemical fertilizers, and foods with chemical additives also introduce toxins into your body and are confusing for the natural "intelligence" of your digestive system and should therefore be avoided.
Avoid heavy dairy products such as aged hard cheese or yogurt, foods that are deep--fried or oily, raw foods of any kind, heavy desserts, and foods that contain refined sugar and honey as these are harder to digest and create ama. Avoid yeasted breads and dry breads such as crackers, and fermented foods.
Eat foods that are light, warm, cooked and easily digestible. Freshly made flat breads, freshly made light soups and dhals, organic vegetables cooked with spices, and freshly made grains such as quinoa are ideal. Mung bean soup pacifies all three doshas and is nutritious yet easy to digest.
Never eat opposite products together.
- Doodh and dahi, any item made of these two should not be taken together.
- Doodh and dahi and doodh and gud don’t go together.
- Honey and ghee are poison if taken together. This can be taken together only when cow mutra is used to counter negative effect.
- Gud and ghee go well together.
- Kathal/Jackfruit never with milk.
- Onion and milk are poison together. – max probs of skin will happen due to this combo.
- All sour fruits don’t go with milk except amla. Even mango should be taken with milk only when it is completely ripe and sweet.
- Drink detox tea throughout the day
- Eat lots of fiber rich foods
- Avoid intake of too much salt.
- Include spices like dry ginger, cinnamon, black pepper etc. in any form in your day as they are good for loosing weight.
- Vegetables like bitter gourd (Karela), and bitter variety of drumstick are useful for loosing weight.
- Honey is an excellent remedy for obesity. It mobilizes the extra deposited fat in the body and puts it into circulation, which is utilized as energy for normal functions.
- Fasting on honey and lime juice is highly beneficial
- Cabbage is considered to be an effective remedy for loosing weight. This vegetable inhibits the conversion of sugar and other carbohydrates into fat.
- Measure the portions of your food every meal and make sure that the portions are small and always eat on right and fixed times.
- You must include regular exercise of atleast 30-45 minutes in your daily routine to help enhance weight reduction.
- You can have ayurvedic supplements to aid better digestion and thus faster weight reduction. You can have 2 triphala guguul tablets by Ramdev after meals.
- Triphala is an ancient ayurvedic herb that is composed of three dried Indian superfruits that work synergistically together: Amalaki, haritaki and bibhitaki.
- Amalaki works as a natural antioxidant and removes excess inflammation from the body. It also helps to increase lean body mass and maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
- Haritaki supports the body’s natural cleansing process by gently removing toxins that accumulate in the colon.
- Bibhitaki is particularly effective in reducing the accumulation of fat and fluids in the body.
Each one of these herbal preparations has tremendous value individually. However, when they are combined in the form of triphala, they work as an even more powerful tool to detoxify and strengthen the body, helping you to achieve your ideal weight.
You can find triphala in powder form or tablet form. Triphala powder has a strong taste, so it may be easier to use the tablets at first. I take triphala every evening, one hour before bed, as part of my weight-management regimen. If you find the powder has too strong of a taste for you, just take two triphala guggul tablets.
You can easily find the triphala powder and tablets online, in a health store, or Indian store
- Curry Powder #Fat FighterAdd curry powder to each meal. Ayurvedic medicine recognizes six tastes – sweet, salty, sour, bitter, astringent and pungent. In order to feel satiated at a meal and eat less, you have to have all six tastes present in your food. These six tastes also help to improve your digestion and melt fat in your body.
Curry powder is an easy way to incorporate the six tastes into every meal. You can either cook with it so that your food gets the full flavor of the curry powder or just add a small amount as a condiment. You can even keep it in a saltshaker on your dining table and sprinkle it on your food.
Curry Powder BlendIn a coffee grinder, grind the following ingredients together:
5 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp fenugreek seeds
1 large bay leaf
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 small (1 1/2 inch) cinnamon stick
After you grind the above ingredients together, add:
2 tsp turmeric powder