Health Benefits of Coconut
|Health Benefits of Coconut|
Coconut is rich in nutrients. Coconut flesh is highly nutritious and rich in fibre, vitamins C, E, B1, B3, B5 and B6 and minerals including iron, selenium, sodium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorous.
Coconut oil contains natural saturated fats that increase the good HDL cholesterol in your body. They may also help turn the bad LDL cholesterol into a less harmful form. By increasing HDL, many experts believe that coconut oil could be good for heart health compared to many other fats.
The coconut water has carbohydrates and electrolytes. It has very little calorie count and has abundant potassium quantity. It's a delicious source of hydration.
Common Name : Coconut
Botanical Name : Cocos Nucifera
Health Benefits of Coconuts
- Supports immune system health: it is anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-parasite
- Provides a natural source of quick energy and enhances physical and athletic performance
- Improves digestion and absorption of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals
- Improves insulin secretion and symptoms associated with diabetes
- Helps protect the body from cancers due to insulin reduction, removal of free radicals that cause premature aging and degenerative disease
- Reduces risk of heart health and improves good cholesterol (HDL)
- Restores and supports thyroid function
- Helps protect against kidney disease and bladder infection
- Promotes weight loss
- Helps keep hair and skin healthy and youthful looking, prevents wrinkles, sagging skin, age spots, and provides sun protection
Here is a list of some health benefits of coconut oil:
- A concoction of coconut oil and a few other essential oils is said to effectively cure lice in children. The mix is said to be as good as a chemical insecticide.
- Helps in treating diabetes
- Claims to reduces risk of heart disease
- Cures chronic fatigue
- Cures Crohn’s disease
- Treats irritable bowel syndrome
- It is said to lower cholesterol and weight
- It said to treat psoriasis
- It is used as a skin moisturizer
- Coconut water, despite being 94% water, has certain health benefits. Here are a few:
- It is a good source of potassium
- Rich in vitamin B
- Contains electrolytes
- Has anti-oxidant properties
- Lowers systolic blood pressure
- Good source of several nutrients
- Coconut water contains antioxidants that protect cells from damaging free radicals.
- It may improve blood sugar control. It's also a good source of magnesium, which may increase insulin sensitivity and reduce blood sugar levels.
- Water from coconuts may potentially prevent kidney stones by reducing crystal and stone formation.
- Coconut water may have powerful cholesterol-lowering properties.
- Coconut water may help lower blood pressure and potentially decrease the risk of blood clots forming in the arteries.
- Coconut water is effective at replenishing fluids and electrolytes after exercise. It is comparable to other sports beverages.
- Coconut water can be consumed directly from green coconuts or in bottles. Avoid brands with added sugar, sweeteners or flavors.
There are certain known side-effects of coconut. Though usually coconut oil is considered safe when people consume food amounts, and is also safe when used externally.Coconut oil - Natural Treatment for Hair Fall
- It is is good for the scalp.
- It has a high fat content and hence, it might lead to sudden weight gain. For the very same reason, there is also reason to believe that it may increase the cholesterol levels. When medicinal amounts are prescribed to people, its effects are not very well known.
- Coconut oil and water are considered safe for pregnant and breast-feeding women. But its effects, when consumed in large quantities are unknown.
Related ArticlesHow to Make a Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub