Health Benefits of Asparagus
Asparagus contains a range of vitamins and nutrients. These include B6, zinc, magnesium, potassium, folates, and more. It is a very good of source of nutrients but only contains trace amount of calories and sodium.
It meets more than the average daily requirements and has a range of medicinal benefits.
- The potassium present in the Asparagus prevents depletion of calcium from the body.
- The paste of leaves can be topically applied in case of skin burns and irritation.
- It is believed that Asparagus is a mood booster and it can be used to combat depression.
- It also has the property to act as a demulcent which relives dry and swollen membranes of the lungs and stomach.
- It reduces the cholesterol levels in the body hence reduces the blood pressure in a nature manner.
- This natural diuretic prevents urinary and bladder infections and stones.
- The Vitamin K prevents osteoporosis and osteoarthritis.
- It also acts as a powerful antioxidant and detoxifier and is believed to possess anti-fungal, anti-cancer, and antiviral properties.
- It also acts as a nerve tonic and prevents or slows down the onset of epilepsy and hysteria.