Super Reasons to Make Green Tea as a Daily Lifestyle
jeremy tanDrinking green tea should be made a daily ritual and a lifestyle due to its immense benefits that it can provide to our body.
Listed below is a list of 15 reasons why you should start drinking green tea:
1. Green Tea Aids In Dieting And Weight Loss.For those who are looking to lower their sugar intake, or even switch to a healthier diet, then perhaps green tea is the beverage choice for you. Regular consumption of green tea can help bring down levels of bad cholesterol and increase metabolism rates, which results in fat burning and weight loss. Research has shown that a drinking 3 cups of green tea can burn up to 70 calories in just one day. That translates to 7 pounds in one year!
2. Green Tea Has Anti-Aging Effects.There are antioxidants that are found in green tea known as polyphenols which to combat free radicals. The most common form of polyphenols is EGCG, which is said to contain 200 times the amount of antioxident level of Vitamin E. As scientists have proven that vitamin E has anti-aging characteristics, this means that drinking green tea can help you maintain more youthful-appearing skin longer!
3. Green Tea Prevents High Blood Pressure.It is known that angiotensin II has been proved to be a major factor in causing high blood pressure. It leads to arterial stenosis of the kidneys and essential hypertension. However, green tea contains catechin, which is a substance that helps to suppress angiotensin II, and thus lowering high blood pressure!
4. Green Tea Prevents The Flu.One little known fact about green tea is that if consumed on a regular basis, green tea can actually help suppress the growth of influenza cells, and can actually kill off these harmful cells as well!
5. Green Tea Wards Off Tooth Decay.Green Tea contains a substance known as fluoride which builds and maintains strong, cavity-free teeth. Additionally, drinking green tea can also kill off bacteria and viruses that cause throat infections, and even eliminate bad breath!
6. Green Tea Helps To Strengthen Bone Health.Scientists have discovered that green tea possesses EGC, which boosts the activity of a key enzyme that promotes bone growth by up to 79 percent. EGC also significantly boosted levels of bone mineralization in the cells, which strengthens bones. This means thatdrinking green tea regularly can help to strengthen bone health and prevent bone-related problems such as osteoporosis.
7. Green Tea May Help To Boost Memory.Green Tea is touted to be the future cure for Alzheimer's disease. This disease is associated with a reduced level of a chemical called acetylcholine in the brain. Research has shown that green tea inhibits the activity of the enzyme acetylcholinesterase (AChE), which breaks down acetylcholine, thus reducing the risk of Alzheimer's disease and also helps to boost our memory.
8. Green Tea Prevents Cancer.Green tea leaves are rich in EGCG, which is an anti-cancer compound. It is believed that green tea has a massive concentration of such anti-cancerous compounds that it is possible to induce anti-cancer effects on the body. Drinking more than four cups of green tea a day could possibly provide enough of the active compound to slow and prevent the growth of cancer cells, and thus prevent cancer!
9. Green Tea Improves Fertility.Indeed, drinking green tea will absolutely not lower your sperm count! In fact, green tea aids in sperm count, and even boosts sperm mobility! Furthermore, research has shown that two of the main ingredients in green tea, hypoxanthine and polyphenols, may lead to a higher percentage of viable embryos. It has also been suggested that these compounds help increase the maturing of eggs, and may even make the eggs more fertile.
10. Green Tea Prevents Arthritis.Polyphenol compounds found in green tea inhibits enzymes that destroy your body's cartillage, thus prevents arthritis and reduces the severity of such symptoms.
11. Green Tea Thins the Blood and Helps Prevent Blood Clots.There are pro-inflammatory compounds such as omega-6 fatty acids, which are found in meats and polyunsaturated vegetable oils such as corn, and soya oil which will cause cause platelets in our blood to clump together. Catechins found on green tea can help thin the blood and prevent the formation of blood clots by preventing the formation of these pro-inflammatory compounds!
12. Green Tea Protects You From Lung Cancer.If you are a frequent smoker, who constantly inhales second hand smoke, fret not cause there is a remedy to reduce the harmful effects of smoking on your lungs. Decaffeinated green tea was found to be especially effective in reducing DNA damage in individuals who lack the genetic ability to produce normal amounts of an enzyme called glutathione S-transferase, which plays a key role in the liver's ability to detoxify many of the carcinogens found in cigarette smoke.
13. Green Tea Protects Your Liver From Alcoholic Damage.Obsessive drinking of alcohol results in the production of damaging free radicals that can overwhelm the liver's supply of antioxidants, thus resulting in liver injury. With the EGCG compound found in green tea, research has shown how free radical production and liver injury was massively reduced when green tea was drunk regularly!
14. Green Tea Deters Food Poisoning.Catechin found in green tea is a powerful sterilizing agent for many types of bacteria that cause food poisoning and is able to inhibit the growth of various types of food poisoning bacteria!
15. Green Tea Prevents Heart Diseases.Green Tea may reduce harmful blood cholesterol by preventing the build up of LDL cholesterol, also known as "bad cholesterol" thereby reducing the risk of heart disease and strokes. Studies have shown that people who drink one or more cups of green tea daily reduce their risk of cardiovascular disease by 40-50 percent and can reduce stroke risk by more than two-thirds.
So there you go! 15 reasons why you should start drinking green tea regularly!
Article Source: Articlesbase