Skin Benefits of Cucumber – Makes Your Skin Smooth
|Cucumber Skin Care|
Cucumber is great when applied to your skin for the same reasons that it’s so good for your body when you eat it.
- It’s packed full of antioxidants.
- It’s loaded with anti-inflammatories.
- It contains beneficial nutrients such as vitamins A, B1, C, biotin, and potassium.
Cucumber's nutritional benefits include natural salts, enzymes, and vitamins essential for strong cell growth and repair. In addition, the high mineral content and minerals in cucumber peel offer a natural source for a fresh, powerful antioxidant. The alkalinity of cucumber is also a positive attribute, and because of its water base, the cucumber is also a top choice as a diuretic.
Its juice is a nourishing vitamin for our hair and skin. It is also a good rejuvenator and makes us feel and look younger.
Incorporate this cucumber skin recipes into your daily or weekly beauty routine!COLD CUCUMBER COMPRESS
- Cut 2 thin ¼ to ½ inch slices off of the end of a cucumber.
- Place the slices in the refrigerator for fifteen minutes, or in the freezer for five.
- Sit or lie down so that the part of your body where you will apply the compress is parallel with the floor.
- Place the cold cucumbers on your skin and relax.
- Keep the cucumbers on your skin for fifteen minutes.
CUCUMBER JUICE FACE MASK
- Peel a large cucumber, and then cut it into small slices.
- Place the slices in a blender or food processor.
- Purée the cucumber until you’ve created a watery paste.
- Pour the puréed cucumber through a strainer to separate the water from any solid material.
- Squeeze the remaining solid material with your hands to recover the rest of the juice.
- Wash your face and neck with warm water and an oil-free cleanser to remove makeup. This preps the skin for the mask by opening your pores.
- Apply the cucumber juice to your skin and let sit for fifteen minutes.
- When the fifteen minutes are up, wash your face with cool water and pat your skin dry with a soft, clean towel.
CUCUMBER & ALOE VERA FACE MASK
- Cut ½ of an unpeeled cucumber into slices.
- Place these slices, peel and all, in a blender and mix until watery.
- Add two tablespoons of aloe vera gel and blend until smooth.
- Wash your face and neck with warm water and an oil-free cleanser to remove makeup and open pores.
- Massage the paste evenly onto your face, neck, and chest.
- After fifteen minutes, rinse off the mask with cool water and pat your skin dry with a soft towel.
Click here for Cucumber Skin Care Products