Garcinia Cambogia for Weight Loss
Garcinia Cambogia is the latest weight loss discovery. The supplement is extracted from the rind of the Garcinia Cambogia fruit (a small pumpkin shaped fruit sometimes called a tamarind) and has been around for a long time which makes experts feel “comfortable about the safety.” Doctors say their studies showed an increase in weight loss 2 to 3 times more than those not taking any Garcinia Cambogia Extract, which resulted in up to 10 pounds or more per month without change to diet or exercise.
Garcinia Cambogia is a “Dual Action Fat Buster” that suppresses appetite and prevents fat from being made.
How Does Garcinia Cambogia Extract Work?
The hydroxycitric acid (HCA) found in Garcinia Cambogia extract has a dual action when it comes to weight loss. It modifies the process of converting the sugar into fat, a process which takes place in the liver. By doing so, HCA stops the formation of new fat cells. The excess fat won’t be stored in the body, it will only pass through the digestive system and be eliminated in a matter of hours.
Clinical studies support the following functions Garcinia Cambogia Extract:
- Garcinia Cambogia helps block fat Garcinia naturally suppresses appetite, keeping you fuller longer
- Garcinia increases serotonin levels for less stress and better mood
- Garcinia helps control food cravings and reduce emotional eating Unlike other natural supplements
Garcinia Cambogia extract managed to get into the attention of the medical world, therefore there are several good studies which support its benefits. One of the most significant studies was conducted at Georgetown University and is summarized below:
- After 8 weeks of HCA supplementation: body weight and BMI decreased by 5.4%,
- low-density lipoprotein and triglycerides levels were reduced by 12.9% and 6.9%, respectively
- high-density lipoprotein levels increased by 8.9%
- serum leptin levels decreased by 38%
- serotonin levels increased by 44.5%
- urinary excretion of fat metabolites increased by 32-109%
The study concluded that "G cambogia may be useful for the prevention and reduction of accumulation of visceral fat." However, the three most common side effects experienced are nausea, digestion discomfort, and headaches. It is also important to note that major side effects were only observed when Garcinia was combined with other ingredients like caffeine.
4 Things to Look For In Your Garcinia Cambogia SupplementThere are many products on the market that contain Garcinia Cambogia extract, products manufactured by different companies from all over the world. When choosing the right supplement to take, you want to make sure you look for these things detailed below.
- The product should contain 60% HCA (hydroxycitric acid), avoid it if there is no percentage is given.
- The serving dosage should be 800 mg or more, which is the the recommended dose to be taken daily, 30-60 minutes before your three main meals of the day.
- The product should be free of artificial ingredients, fillers or binders. This is usually mentioned on the box or on the label. If the mention isn’t there, don’t buy it.
- Avoid anything that claims to be approved by the FDA. If you find a product that claim it has been evaluated or approved by the FDA, don’t buy it.
Know more about