Anti Aging Home Remedies
Ayurvedic anti aging alternative herbal and home remedies. Tips on getting rid of dry skin, wrinkles, crow's feet for youthful skin.
The Simple Truth
The Simple Truth
Most home remedies just involve using things that we already know are healthy. Most products use combinations of healthy ingredients. The secret to most cosmetic and health related issues is simply healthy diet and exercise. Fruits and veggies won't make us 20 years younger or turn us into super models, but they are essential to being as healthy, young, and beautiful as we can be and nobody was ever hurt by a healthy diet.Avoiding bad things is just as important as consuming good things. Smoking, drinking, and excessive coffee consumption are all things we have known age us much more rapidly, but many of us continue to use them anyway. The simple truth is that with or without home miracle remedies, we all already know how to live healthy and vibrant lives.
As per Ayurveda
Premature aging of the skin is caused due to the aggravation of vata dosha, which naturally increases with age. Dryness of skin is a predominant trait of a Vata dosha body type constitution. Even in other people, Vata causes dryness of the skin when it is vitiated due to seasonal influences. In fact, skin ages due to both- internal as well as external factors. Internal factors may be listed as inability of skin to retain moisture, low levels of elastin production, lesser production of new skin cells etc. External factors include lifestyle choices and surrounding environment such as smoking, prolonged exposure to sun or extreme cold, poor diet, stress, lack of exercise etc.
Home Remedies for Anti Aging
Dry Skin & Wrinkles
- Applying egg whites to the wrinkles under your eyes will help maintain elasticity. It is unnecessary to waste a whole egg doing this. The leftover portion in the shell is enough for one application.
- Massage face with clarified butter (ghee), almond oil or coconut oil before going to bed. An oil massage is the best remedy for dry skin. Almond and coconut oil are best Ayurvedic remedies for aging skin as they improve complexions, reduce fine lines and wrinkles apart from curing crow's feet. For better absorption, anti-aging oil massages should be done at night.
- Apply fresh Aloe Vera juice to the skin. If you can't get fresh aloe vera, get aloe vera gel from health care shops.
- Take two apricots and remove their seeds. Blend them together with lime juice, 2 tbsp of honey, fresh lime juice and cold milk. Apply on desired areas and let it work its magic for at least half an hour. Rinse with warm water. Results are noticeable immediately.
- Ghee or clarified butter contains vitamin E, beta-carotene, and antioxidants that prevent cell damage and fight free radicals. Rub ghee all over your body to get it absorbed in the skin. The best way to get benefits of ghee is to include it in your daily diet. Mix 1-2 teaspoons of ghee while cooking vegetables, dals etc.
- Empty three capsules of Vitamin E into a bowl. Add 2 tsp plain yogurt, 1/2 tsp honey, and 1/2 tsp lemon juice. Apply to desired areas with a cotton ball or something similarly absorbent. Leave this on your skin for at least 10 minutes.
- There are many benefits of honey, one being its anti aging property. Take 1/2 tablespoon of honey and mix it with 1-2 tablespoon of rose water. Apply this mixture on face, neck, and other dry skin area. Leave it for about 15-20 minutes. Now wash it off with tepid water. Honey moisturizes and soothes dry skin. This mixture will clean your skin and tone it to give you a glowing complexion with wrinkle free skin.
- Take one teaspoon each of egg yolk and honey, and 1-2 teaspoon milk powder. Mix them well to make a smooth paste. Apply this paste on face, neck and other dry skin area. Leave it for 10-15 minutes and then wash with cold water.
- Mix one egg yolk, 1 teaspoon each of honey, olive oil and vitamin E oil to make an anti aging lotion to be used as moisturizing facial mask. Apply it to face and other areas and leave for 15 minutes. Then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Basil herb or Ocimum Sanctum (tulsi) has effective anti-aging and anti-oxidant properties. Follow the traditional Ayurvedic method of boiling fresh tulsi leaves and water until the water reduces to half. Then drink the resulting water. The other ayurvedic way of having basil leaves is to eat the crushed herb when it cools.
- Avoid too much of sun exposure as it is one of the main causes of wrinkles. Use umbrella, scarves or any other protective cover when going out in sun.
- Quit smoking Cigarette smoke ages skin by releasing an enzyme that breaks down elastin and collagen- vital components of skin.
- Get adequate sleep. Sleeping position is also important. Try to sleep on your back, as it prevents wrinkle formation. Sleeping on sides may cause wrinkles on chin and cheek and sleeping with face-down will result in furrowed brow.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. They have anti-oxidants that help fight damage caused by free radicals. They keep skin younger and radiant.
- Drink lots of water during the day to provide optimum supply of moisture to the skin.
- Do not over-wash your face. Washing face too often removes skin off its natural barrier oils and moisture that protect against wrinkles.
- Switch to green tea. Green tea has anti-inflammatory, anti-ageing, and healing effects on skin which helps in skin rejuvenation.
- Get a humidifier. Dry skin contributes to wrinkles. Humidifiers are inexpensive and will moisten the air that is usually dried out by air conditioners and heaters.
- Exercise your face. Many wrinkles are caused by the skin staying immobile for long periods of time. By doing regular expression exercises, you will increase the elasticity in your skin and reduce wrinkle.