Gallbladder Stones- Get Rid Of Them With Home Remedies!
|Gall Bladder Stones Home Remedies|
Gallbladder has a very important part to play in the digestion of fatty food we eat. However, when stones develop in the gallbladder, they not only hamper with its work but also cause near to intolerable pain. As the golden words go- Prevention is always better than cure. Don't let these gall stones develop at the first place. How? By drinking lots of water, exercising daily, eating healthy and most important by avoiding junk food (that is essentially fatty rich food).
However, some causes like excessive estrogen hormone and hereditary reasons can't be prevented. And if you are one who suffer from gall bladder stones due to these reasons, there is only one way out- gallbladder treatment! Before deciding for surgery, you must always give a try to home remedies for gallbladder stones because if these gallstones are small enough, they can dissolve and you can get rid of painful experiences without going in for any surgery.
Gall bladder Disorder in Ayurveda it is known as PRATISHYAYA mainly due to vitiation of DOSHAS (Vata, Pitta & Kapha).
The gall bladder stores bile, a digestive fluid that the liver produces, until the fluid is required to help digest dietary fats in the small intestine. Normally, the acidic bile prevents cholesterol from becoming too concentrated. However, if too much cholesterol is present in the bile, it crystallizes in the gall bladder, forming gallstones. Gallstones that remain in the gall bladder typically produce no symptoms. If a gallstone exits the gall bladder, it can cause pain and other symptoms. Gallstones usually begin producing symptoms when they obstruct the duct that leads from the liver to the gall bladder or the duct that leads from the gallbladder to the small intestine. Once lodged in one of these ducts, the stones may produce painful spasms and inflammation at the site of the obstruction.
Symptoms of gallstone disease:Symptoms of gallbladder disease occur when gallstones irritate the gallbladder. The most common symptoms associated with gallstone disease include:
Severe and intermittent pain in the right upper abdomen. This pain can also spread to the chest, shoulders or back. Sometimes this pain may be mistaken for a heart attack.
Chronic indigestion and nausea.
Ayurvedic Medicines for GallstonesAyurveda views gallstones as a kapha disorder of slow metabolism, including a sluggish liver. Ayurvedic medicines like Arogyavardhini Vati, which boosts up metabolic activity of liver, is very useful in treating gallstones. Other Ayurvedic medicines useful in treating gallstones include kumariasava, hingvaastak choorna, panchkola choorna, avipattikar choorna, kamadoodha rasa, sootsekar rasa, pravaalpanchaamrit, gokhshurasava, punarnavarista. Panchakarma therapies like virechana, basti, are also very helpful.
Panchkarma: An Ayurvedic Guide to Clense Body, Mind & Soul
Ayurvedic herbs for treating Gallstones:Effective Ayurvedic herbs for treating gallstones include bhringaraj, punanarnava, bhumiamla, kalamegha, ginger, cumin seeds, katuki, kiryata, parpati, pashanabheda, katukarohini, etc
- Foods to eat:
- In case of acute attack, the patient should be on a diet of fluids, juices, food with no oil, lots of water-rich vegetables such as bottle gourd, ridge gourd, cucumber, lots of fruits like apple and grapes, and thin vegetable soups.
- Vegetables which are particularly beneficial are carrots, beetroot and pear.
- Include some spices in your diet like turmeric, ginger and garlic.
- Other herbs that have been used by herbalists around the globe include artichoke leaves and milk thistle.
- Maintain optimum hydration level. Most people who have attacks of gall bladder pain are those who may be getting low levels of water which upsets the acid-alkali balance. At least 2 liters of water should be consumed per day.
- Other foods which benefit are Alfa-Alfa sprouts (very powerful alkalinizer), B-complex vitamins, vitamin E capsules, mulethi (licorice).
- Foods to Avoid
- Since most gall bladder stones are composed of cholesterol, it is important to restrict cholesterol sources like dairy product (milk, curd, cheese, paneer, butter, ghee and chocolates), red meat, chicken etc.
- Avoid or reduce foods like tea, coffee, thick gravies, processed foods and foods with preservatives.
- Avoid fat loaded and fried food.
- Avoid or cut down smoking as it upsets the acid-alkali balance due to high Hydrogen ion concentration.
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water every day
- To relieve the pain of gallstone colic application of hot packs or fomentation to the upper abdominal area should be done. A warm water enema at body temperature will also help eliminate faucal accumulations if the patient is constipated.
- One should practice following yogasanas daily for effective treatment and prevention of Gallstones: Vajrasana, The Knee to Chest (Pawanmuktasan), The Lotus (Padma Asana), sarvangasana, paschimotasana, dhanurasana, mayurasana, shalabhasana and bhujangasana
- Mix 3 tablespoons of olive oil with lemon or grapefruit juice and drink before breakfast and before bedtime. This treatment often helps eliminate stones in the stool.
- Combine equal amounts of tinctures of wild yam, fringetree bark, milk thistle, and balmony, and take a teaspoonful of the blend several times a day.
- Drinking chamomile or lemon balm tea is also helpful.
- Apple Juice and Apple Cider Vinegar
- Take 1 glass of apple juice
- Add 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- Mix well
- Drink once everyday
- Take ½ glass of hot water
- Add ½ glass of pear juice
- Add 2 tbsp of honey
- Mix well
- Drink 3 times a day
- Take raw beet juice
- Add an equal amount of cucumber juice
- Add an equal amount of carrot juice
- Mix them all
- Drink 2 times a day